Passion

"Without passion man/woman is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel




I got those tics from work, on Friday. Friday night a friend and I watched them become worthless, and I
liked it!

I'm trying to decide how to say how very relevant that quote is to me, apropos of the game and a thought provoking night out.


The Cavs have definitely been keeping their flint dry and passion workin' for 'em. This is the first time a Cavalier's team has ever won a game 6, on the road, in the playoffs. They're gonna need all that passion and more to get through Detroit, though. The Pistons do what Cleveland is now on the cusp of doing; playing total team ball, every night.

Those guys are every CYO coache's dream team with how well nearly every player performs the fundamentals of basketball. These ain't the "Bad Boys" of Lambier and 'Saiah. These Pistons are more like their Championship rival, San Antonio. They're more like the NFL's Patriots of recent years, with everyone ready and willing to contribute with skill and passion.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Come On Cavs!!!



(And thanks for not stealin' my sweater, Spatch. Perhaps if I'd not been thinkin' so much, the flint would've sparked more when the iron struck. {-; I gotta keep in mind to stay focused on the journey. I'm pretty sure it's the surest way to make the destination worth reaching. Even if one never does reach it.)

Comments

Popular Posts