Blog

Just wanna share something I found.

I'll bold the striking parts.
Scott McLemee
6 April

My column for this week came in the wake of a pretty intense cycle of reverie over Austin, the passing of time, and the interesting question of what set of values might be involved in walking away from a secure and moderately prestigious job -- and towards a situation that offers considerably greater creative possibility, yet is also more worrisome.

(Well, an interesting question to me, at any rate.
There is nothing like second guessing the coherence of one's own life.)

Will probably head back to Austin for a little while this year. Watching Slacker on DVD (a film shot in my old haunts, with quite a few people on screen being friends, or familiar faces from back then) I have this nostalgic feeling of almost being able to revisit that period. But many of those places are gone, and most of the people must be, as well.


You can't go home again.

First the last; Believe me, I wouldn't want to.

I know the feelin' of nostalgia, I just haven't had it all that often. For ill or well ..
There is nothing like second guessin the coherence of one's own life.
Yikes!

Especially when there doesn't seem to be any, at least not for which I've got a helluvalot of enthusiasm. C-o-h-e-r-e-n-c-e... Hmm.

{sigh}

H/T to Mannion for the link to Cogito ergo Zoom on his sidebar. And for knowin' quality baseball players when he see's them.


Comments

Popular Posts