A Praise Post

Everybody's doing it, so why can't I?

Ooops. That's of the Cranberries (another, slightly lower key, favorite.) This post is to pimp Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American*.

Again.

This group of (then) twenty somethings made a record back in '01 which still makes me feel my age of 41 (spelled t.h.i.r.t.y. o.n.e.) and which I just can't seem to hear or recommend enough.
A Praise Chorus
...

I'm on my feet
I'm on the floor
I'm good to go

I wanna always feel like
part of this was mine

I wanna fall in love tonight

---Chrimson and Clover
---Over and over (repeated behind chorus)

Our House in the middle of the street
Why did we ever meet
Starring in my rock-n-roll fantasy

Don't don't
Why did we ever part
Kickstart my rock-n-roll heart

---(end C & C)

I'm on my feet
I'm on the floor
I'm good to go

I wanna always feel like
part of this
was
mine

I wanna fall in love tonight
I wanna fall in love tonight

I wanna always feel like
part of this
was
mine

I wanna fall in love tonight
I wanna fall in love tonight
I wanna fall in love tonight

Even though I know I ain't nowhere near freakin' ready to fall down that rabbit hole again, this is one of those bands that keeps me wanting to get back to wanting it.

Favorite cuts have gotta be:

-- A Praise Chorus (See above)

-- If You Don't, Don't
If you don't know, why would you say so...
( no shit, eh.)

-- Sweetness -
I was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me.
What a dizzy dance.
This sweetness will not be concerned with me.

-- Bleed American
(I bled the) greed from my arm.
Won’t they give it a rest now?

(Fuck You, George Bush! Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You FUCK YOUUUUUU!**)
Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.
Our hearts littering the topsoil.
Tune in and we can get the last call.
Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt, our hearts littering the topsoil.
Sign up it's the picket line or the parade.
-- Your House
If you love me at all, don't call.
-- Middle - Also one of my favorite videos evah. I all too often feel like the kid a'wanderin' thru and not connected to the revelry.

Enjoy!



* All lyrics as I interpret them or as found on this site.

** errrummm.. Sorry. My little interjection always seems to fill the gap in the lyrics, there. :)

Comments

  1. Hey - I watched the whole clip and I didn't see George Bush mentioned once. Hang on, was he the dude in the background with the stuffed codpiece? heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! I think he was the stuffing itself, Beep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked that song. What a wild video!

    I like this lyric to that other song...

    If you love me at all, don't call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot see the video. I truly hate the bug my computer has. IT tried fixin' it last week without any luck.

    Good for you for at least considering the Rabbit Hole. At least you know it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually said that to someone before, BG. At a time when I couldn't handle such an intense friendship sans the romance.

    What an emu, eh!?

    :)

    Oddly enough, AG, I have the same problem on BG's site from my work PC. But I think that has something to do with my configs and our I-net security. Whatevs, as long as home is good.

    Ha! I also frequently can't visit teh Republic from work! "Banned Expressions" seem endemic to the Land of Res and les adorables.

    {-;

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an emu, eh!?

    Us emus need to stick together.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MB, Pinko Punko should have an Emu contest. Who is the most Emu? Who is the most emulicious? Emotastic? Emotacular? Wonder who would win?

    ...Can you tell I'm procrastinating?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who's the biggest Emutant, eh?

    Good Luck to emyou, BG! Remember that Compromisin' angle.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts