"Educator-in-Chief" or Insane Ideologue?

Reality overwhelmingly recommends the latter appellation.
U.S. and Iraqis Are Wrangling Over War Plans
By JOHN F. BURNS
Published: January 15, 2007
This article was reported by John F. Burns, Sabrina Tavernise and Marc Santora, and written by Mr. Burns.

BAGHDAD, Jan. 14 — Just days after President Bush unveiled a new war plan calling for more than 20,000 additional American troops in Iraq, the heart of the effort — a major push to secure the capital — faces some of its fiercest resistance from the very people it depends on for success: Iraqi government officials.

American military officials have spent days huddled in meetings with Iraqi officers in a race to turn blueprints drawn up in Washington into a plan that will work on the ground in Baghdad. With the first American and Iraqi units dedicated to the plan due to be in place within weeks, time is short for setting details of what American officers view as the decisive battle of the war.

But the signs so far have unnerved some Americans working on the plan, who have described a web of problems — ranging from a contested chain of command to how to protect American troops deployed in some of Baghdad’s most dangerous districts — that some fear could hobble the effort before it begins.

First among the American concerns is a Shiite-led government that has been so dogmatic in its attitude that the Americans worry that they will be frustrated in their aim of cracking down equally on Shiite and Sunni extremists, a strategy President Bush has declared central to the plan.

“We are implementing a strategy to embolden a government that is actually part of the problem,” said an American military official in Baghdad involved in talks over the plan. “We are being played like a pawn.”

[For the rest of the "duh, you stupid hegemonic ignorami in the White House" article]
{shakin'head}

Add to that, I fell asleep during the Pats-Chargers' game last night, and woke to the faux Texas twang of President Bush ending his interview on 60 Minutes thusly -
Mr. Pelley: Final question. How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to be against it?

Mr. Bush: I’m gonna have to keep explaining. That’s why I’m doing this interview with you. Scott; sometimes you’re the commander-in-chief, sometimes you’re the educator-in-chief, and a lot of times you’re both when it comes to war. And, we are in an ideological struggle. And it’s a really classic ideological struggle. And — Iraq is part of it. And it’s very important for me to not only continue to explain why I believe we can be successful in Iraq but explain to people that what happens in the Middle East will affect the future of this country.

[Bush on '60 Minutes': The Only Plan]
The Preznit is so determined to accomplish his mission in Iraq (whatever it is and regardless that he said it was already Accomplished almost 4* years ago!) that he actually appears to be living in a dream in which such can happen, regardless of the fact that his puppet government in Iraq has cut their strings and Decided upon a Course of their own.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Bushian nightmares are all too common these days.

Impeach him NOW, Congress. All your protestations of inefficacy to the contrary, this man is a deadly danger to our country and to the lives of millions around the planet.

If you don't Impeach, and do so very soon, the Congressional complicity of the 110th in the Bush Administration's crimes against the Constitution and humanity will like to match that of previous incarnations of your august institution.

Impeach Now!


*****

* Thanks to an anonymous commenter for pointing out that it was nearly 4 years ago that Bush claimed "Mission Accomplish", and not 3 as I had written.

Comments

  1. First of all, John Burns has one of the most spectacular afros ever to appear on a white guy's head.

    Second ( and on a more serious note) he is a very good reporter. I generally trust him and Jon Landay among reporters- along with Thomas Ricks.

    Third, Bush is just going to keep screwing up, and it is well past time for those hearings to start on the war.

    Fourth, I really hate the New England Patriots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impeach the Teacher! Make him resign. Throw him into the classroom and lock the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the 60 minutes interview with the chimp last night and was once again dumbstruck over how clueless and inarticulate he is. He can't even get his English syntax right. It's almost like it's not his first language.
    I tortured myself this morning by watching it again on the 60 minutes website. What an dangerous embarassment this man is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revelation 6:8

    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Bush, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey now Steve. Dem Saints is still on the dance-card, bro. Here's hopin' we get a Payton -v- Peyton matchup in the SuperBowl!

    Give him a lifetime of Detention for his Retirement, eh Mary. I like it!

    Ouch, Jaimie! Honestly, I wouldn't have been watching, but his lying voice did to be waking me. Usually, I count on my blogmigo's and Internets' headlines to catch up on such unpleasant realities. You're a tougher person than me in such endeavours, my friend.

    Thanks for sharing here.

    Umm, speaking of sharing... Nony, umm, thanks? Well, I'm sure that Bush does believe your rendition of that mytho-text, at any rate.

    {-;

    Ok... I really have lots o' work to do. Will check back later though, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With his usual insight, Driftglass isolates the money quote and places it in delightfully perfect context. On the other hand, he's a Bears fan....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a nationwide impeachment march on Washington?

    Check out March to Impeach.

    Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in May 2003. It's been over three and a half years ago. You must have meant he said it ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn! Roxtar. Driftglass IS good. Bears' fandom, not-with-standing, of course. {-; He's goin' on the sidebar so I remember to check him regularly.

    Very good. Thanks!

    And thank you as well, Jacob. That's a great idea, and I voted for February. Late Feb if I can be more precise. I'll be signing up for the updates via email.

    Non2, right you are. The street on which I park needs me off it by 7am and, though this post says pub'd at 5:10, that's just when I started it. I knew that "almost 3" felt wrong, but I'd only the time to edit my grammar (missed some o' that too, don't ya know.) What I actually meant to say was "almost 4 years ago". Think I'll change it while adding to my sidebar.

    Thanks for stoppin' by, and catchin' it though.

    L8

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheesh. I need a nap. LOL!

    L8

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, it really planes my shins when that prick acts like he's "educating" me. He's lucky to have even a high school diploma, and in a just world he'd be in prison with the other dropouts. Dumbass-in-Chief is more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the link to the Daou Report! You the man Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is just like that, ain't it, Larry. A sharp and nasty pain that you can't seem to stop bumping into again until it's finally gone.

    May we be healed of him soon.

    Hey now, Donnie Mick! Thanks for stoppin' by and noting that Daou linkage. It sure does make make my sitemeter happy! :)

    You're doin' some great work with the Katrinacrats yourself. Always enjoy your comments on my tours of Left Blogistan too, eh.

    See ya 'round, amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't watch the interview last night and this is the first time I've read the "Educator-In-Chief" B.S.

    I totally agree with Larry. That this joker thinks he's educating me makes me want to throw up. And that's not because I think I'm so smart that I can't always learn, learn, learn.

    It's that I know I'm not that smart and I've known everything he hasn't for last flippin' six years!

    I say start the hearings, catch him, document it all and impeach him. And Cheney, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. RAmen! BG. And then we will have our first woman as President. Nancy Pelosi!

    I could handle that, and more importantly, the country would benefit greatly. AND, if she does well, we might just have our first woman elected as President.

    So many Pros. So few Cons, unless you count return to a Balance of Powers in our government, regaining our country's dignity and the respect of the other nations of the planet Earth as Cons.

    Sounds like something only a NeoCon would do, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. MB...came to congratulate you on the Daou...huge one...very huge! I'll be needing your autograph now though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bush and Schottenheimer--what a pair!! Don't know which was worse Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa... Excellent observation!

    Think I've gotta go with Bush, though. Marty was up against the New England BB gun of Belicos-- er, Belichick and Brady, after all.

    Shrub's worst enemy is his very own, very small self.

    {-;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts