Interdependence Days

Heavens above us 
white grey and blue 
endlessly circling 
them me and you 
happy 
unlucky 
just struggling thru 
 no unhuman purpose 
we've only some clue 
until on the inside 
discoveries made 
unleash understanding 
a frightful cascade 
 not all will follow 
what some few decide 
evolution's wild motions 
the turning of tides 
what changes confront us
both one at a time 
 and in masses of peoples 
the strata of pride 
in fear apprehending 
what we can not tell 
gathering courage 
a billion hearts swell 
 to ward off the other 
the cause of our hell 
our futures are many 
our pasts sharing 
blame each of us 
playing the deadliest game 
 Life

Comments

  1. That's beautiful and very nicely said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interdependence Days. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "our futures are many..our pasts..sharing blame." I know, I watch myself daily, hoping to avoid aggression and be a calming influence in a time of great unrest. Thanks for the poem. It truly sums up the current state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!

    And thank you greatly for this idea of Posts for Peace, Glenda. I've read through about half the entries so far, and am looking forward to perusing the rest throughout the next few days.

    Since I was unable to finish the essay with which I struggled and that I finally put aside, I just let myself write something rhythmic that I hoped would convey my feelings on the idea of what Peace means, and how difficult it is to achieve, not only amongst the world's wide variety of wonderful peoples, but also within myself.

    I hope you all have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Few ways of speaking convey as much power as verse. Well done, and have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. And I too like the title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done...and thank you very much for your compliment on my "post 4 peace"

    Happy forth of July!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts