Ahhh, Tradition ...

The family gathered 'round the burning goat. Spiced nogg passed 'round to help warm our hands and hearts. Presents under tree giving wide-eyed children fuel for their Yuletide drea... um, say... Run that first bit by me again, eh?

Why are we burning a goat?

What has the goat to do with Christmas, or Yuletide even?

How come I never heard of this before?

I've got a busy work-day in front of me, but once I heard this story on NPR this morning, I just had to post on it briefly. Follow the links for the whole
amazingly human story.

Okay. I'm back to work.

Happy Holidays!

LOL!

Comments

  1. Groo–vvy. I love this pagan/christian/holiday/anthropological lore ... keep the grins coming!!

    jK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That Christmas in Scandinavia link was very interesting! So is the burning of the goat. Maybe we'll have to add that to our "holiday" traditions! :-)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts