DeWine Replies


This kind of thing is why I've suddenly gotten politically active again.


March 15, 2006

Michael Bains MacLeod
Cleveland, Ohio 44118


Dear Michael:

Thank you for contacting me regarding President George W. Bush. I support
President Bush and his administration, and do not intend to call for his
censure.

Again, thank you for writing to me. If you have any additional concerns,
please feel free to contact me anytime.


Very respectfully yours,

MIKE DeWINE
United States Senator

RMD/bf
'Tis no surprise, but still my stomache started hurtin' as soon as I read the danged thing...

Comments

  1. If enough of you write letters, there's a pretty good chance he'll moderate from his current position... keep up the pressure.

    Here in MA it's not hard to be a democrat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the democretins (my new term!) are running away from Feingold.

    It seems to be hard being a democrat these days no matter where you live.

    Michael, do you ever read Res at The Republic of Dogs:

    http://republicofdogs.net/blog/?p=616#comments

    Here's a good rant on the subject.

    DeWine. Peh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the letter I got from Hillary Clinton after I wrote her about my opposition to going to Iraq.

    Pitiful.

    Interestingly though, my brother, who lives in New Jersey, wrote a couple of letters to Jon Corzine when he was in the Senate. Corzine's letters in response were quite good. But, in hindsight, perhaps it was because he was planning to run for Governor ... and was actually using the letters as a campaign tool for his next step.

    Anyway. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, the thing is that I've got more detailed replies from DeWine before. This one reads more like a response to an ultimatum.

    What a godly man... {shakin'head} His own proposals via unchecked wiretapping were to limit such to non US citizens. It's a thin line, but one I'd certainly buy if Terrorist attacks continue outside of Islamic countries, and I'd say London, Spain and 9/11 are still pretty fresh in light of number of new terrorists this ill... conceived war have caused.

    Voinovich always takes longer to respond though, and Stephanie Tubbs-Jones (11th dist) always seems to respond immediately. Their content, as ya may 'magine, vary by a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts